We have friends where she does not eat chicken and he is allergic to peanuts. This is the absolutely worst dish to serve them, but it works well for us. Prep time is pretty quick and we only have to clean the Instant Pot, a mixing bowl instead of many pots.
Instant Pot Chicken Pad Thai
- 3 Chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup Green onions chopped
- 4 Carrots cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 cup Soy sauce
- 3 Tbls Hoisin Sauce
- 2 Tbls Seasame Oil
- 2 Tbls Rice Vinegar
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 3 Tbls Peanut Butter natural, creamy
- 1/4 tsp Crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup Chicken broth
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1 Tbls Fresh Ginger minced (or 1tsp powdered ginger)
- 8 oz Rice noodles
- 1/4 cup Cilantro chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup Peanuts (chopped)
- 1 Lime (juiced)
- Thaw chicken breasts if necessary
- Combine soy sauce, Hoisin sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, brown sugar, peanut butter, red pepper flakes, and chicken broth into a small mixing bowl
- mince garlic or press with a garlic press and add to mixing bowl
- mince ginger and add to mixing bowl, stir
- Dice green onions. Set aside about a tablespoon of the onion for topping.
- Cut carrots into match stick sized pieces
- Cube chicken
- Add chicken, onions and carrots to the Instant Pot
- Add ingredients of mixing bowl to Instant Pot, stir contents of the Instant Pot
- Put the lid on the Instant Pot, and turn on Pressure cook for 7 minutes
- When the timer goes off do a quick release and remove lid
- Add in rice noodles, replace the lid and leave for 12 minutes on keep warm. Check if the noodles are tender. If the noodles are still not tender then give it more time.
- Served topped with cilantro (if desired), green onions and chopped peanuts. We usually let each person top with onions and peanuts as they desire.