This recipe was the first recipe we tried where we really felt like the Instant Pot was as great as people told us it was. It is a pretty simple recipe and it oh so tasty.
You basically cook chicken in olive oil and spices and cook rice in the liquid that is left from cooking the chicken so that the rice picks up a lot of that flavor. While it is cooking you throw together a yogurt sauce and then top with cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, and feta cheese. Yum!
Instant Pot Greek Chicken and Rice
One of our favorite instant pot recipes. Easy and tasty Greek chicken and rice.
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3-6 cloves garlic minced or crushed
- 3 breasts chicken
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 grind pepper
- 2 cups rice
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 - 1 lemon juiced
- 1 cucumber chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1/2 tsp dried dill
- In a mixing bowl or the instant pot, whisk together the spices (oregano, paprika, red pepper, pepper, and salt ), olive oil, 2/3 of the garlic, and 1/2 cup of water.
- Cube the chicken (if you are using frozen chicken, then thaw the chicken first)
- Add the chicken and the contents of the mixing bowl to the instant pot.
- Lock the instant pot and pressure cook for 3 minutes. After 3 minutes do a quick release of the pressure.
- Take the chicken out of the pot and set aside in a bowl, leaving the liquid in the instant pot. You will be using this liquid to cook the rice.
- Add 2 cups of rice and 1 1/2 cups of water. Set the instant pot to the rice setting and cook (about 12 minutes).
- While the rice is cooking mix together the yogurt, lemon juice, the rest of the garlic, dill, and 2 tbsp of water in a bowl.
- This yogurt sauce will be what we top the chicken and rice with.
- Cut up the cucumber and quarter the cherry tomatoes.
- When the rice is finished cooking, allow the instant pot to depressurize naturally for 10 minutes and then do a quick release if necessary.
- OK, we have all the pieces. Serve the rice, chicken, vegetables, yogurt sauce along with crumbled feta cheese. We also serve with pita and hummus.
Use one whole lemon or only half the juice of a lemon to taste.Â We put in 6 cloves of garlic, but we tend to double whatever the recipe calls for. You might want to try with only 3 cloves at first.
Chris, Really love your IP recipes. Keep ’em coming, please! Pad Thai is my favorite so far but really looking forward to trying this Greek Chicken.
Thanks Kaye! Although with the Pad Thai we are finding that sometimes the noodles don’t get soft enough. We may just start doing those on the stove.