This recipe is a family favorite. It is made with chicken, cheese, bacon, and Pillsbury crescent rolls. There is nothing fancy about this recipe. This is not something that you serve by candlelight or make for your anniversary dinner. But on a chilly day, this is comfort food and delicious.Â
Bacon Chicken Crescent Roll Ring
A great family favorite made from chicen, cheese, bacon and crescent rolls
- 1 tube refrigerated crecsent rolls
- 1 1/2 breast chicken
- 3/8 cup sour cream
- 3/8 cup mayonaise
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup finally chopped onion sauted
- 6 strips bacon cooked & crumbled
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard can substitute brown mustard
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Grease a cookie sheet or pizza pan.
- Unroll the crescent rolls in an 8 pointed star pattern on the pan with a hole in the center and the long point of the dough pointing outward. (see video)
- Fry the bacon until crisp. Set aside to cool.
- Microwave the chicken until cooked.
- Dice the onion and sautÃ©e until soft.
- In a large mixing bowl add the onion red pepper, and the chicken (cut or shred the chicken into smaller pieces).
- Crumble bacon into the mixing bowl
- Add cheese and remaning ingredients. Mix.
- Top the crescent roll star with mixure and fold over.
- Bake at 375Âº for 20-25 minutes.
We find it easy to make two of these at a time. You can then refrigerate or freeze the second one after baking. The flavor is still good as leftovers although the texture of the crescent rolls is better when fresh.Â Combine with a nice green salad for a great Sunday night dinner.Â