For my new position as the Director of Engineer for TripAdvisor Flights I am looking for a great engineer. I am looking for someone senior who other people describe as a code wizard (not that they describe themselves that way because that would be weird).
A Senior Software Engineer, Flights is responsible for developing high-quality, efficient code and be a major contributor in a small team of engineers. The candidate will develop products related to Flights Search on the TripAdvisor and SeatGuru.
The Flights works like a startup company within TripAdvisor, developing new technologies and offering exciting opportunities to its engineers. We build each project from the ground up, and are seeking individuals who thrive in this challenging environment. Our team is responsible for Flights Search, Seat Guru and other new products that are under development.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Passion for the web and desire to apply computer science to solve complex problems.
• BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent
• 8+ years of software development experience
• Experienced in developing code for high-volume systems
• Experienced in object-oriented development in PHP
• Solid understanding of Java and Object-Oriented architectures
• Comfortable with Linux and its standard utilities
• Experienced working in HTML, CSS and SQL
• An understanding of AJAX and other Web 2.0 technologies
• Working knowledge of PHP and Python are helpful
• The successful candidate will communicate well, be committed to delivering quality work on an aggressive schedule, and must be able to function independently as well as part of a team.
• Must be able to document code faithfully and take good coding practices seriously
send me your resume directly at cchristensen [at] tripadvisor.com