On November 20th I will be teaching a one day short course at DeAnza College called “Blogging for Profit”.
This course will look at
- How to pick a topic for blogging
- How to use keyword research
- How to setup and maintain a blog using WordPress
- How to personalize your blog using templates and plugins
- How to maintain your blog
- How to get advertising for your blog
- How to sell products using affiliate links
- How to use your blog to build your reputation
- How to work with PR firms
There is no materials fee, but blog hosting is recommended and costs around $7 a month and other tools will be discussed but not required.
Chris left his day job in January 2010 to focus on consulting, podcasting and blogging including his popular Amateur Traveler podcast / blog. He was the Executive Vice President of Engineering and Operations for a company in Silicon Valley (LiveWorld) that runs online communities for companies like eBay, Marriott, American Express, Campbells, Kimberly Clark, A&E, and Mini Cooper.
November 20, 2010 – 1 Week(s) – Sat – 9 AM to 5 PM
Registration will open later in August at Impact Short Courses